Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Messy House

Lord,
Tonight as I look around my house and see all that needs to be done, I thank you for the gentle reminder of how much I have to be grateful for.  Rather than seeing a house that needs cleaning, I thank you on this rainy night for a roof over our heads.  I see a messy kitchen and am so thankful that we have ample food to eat.  Many around the world will go to bed hungry on this very night.  Lord be with them and use me to help them in any way that I can.  I see clothes hampers full of dirty clothes waiting to be washed.  Thank you Lord that we have clothes to wear and so many to choose from.  I see five pairs of shoes that need to be returned to their closets.  Thank you for shoes to cover our feet.  Shoes are something taken for granted in our culture and our day, but I think about the many throughout history and in poor countries today that would consider a single pair of shoes to be a luxury.  Thank you for blessing me with comfortable shoes...may you lead me in your paths of righteousness that I might be a blessing to those in need.  I see toys to be picked up and little messes from my son throughout the house.  Oh God, thank you for the gift of our precious child.  We prayed and prayed a child, and you so graciously answered our prayer in our sweet Eli.  What a joy and a blessing he is.  Thank you that he is healthy and active, spending his days playing with toys and enjoying life.  Thank you for all of the material blessings you have bestoyed on us that he has to play with and we have to enjoy.  I think on the many who have never experienced the joy of having a child and have walked through years or possibly a lifetime of infertility.  I think of the many who have lost children and those who have children suffering from illness and disease.  My heart breaks for them, and I pray even now, Holy Spirit, that you will be their comforter...that you will indeed "restore their soul" (Ps. 23:3) and mend broken hearts.

Thank you for my many blessings, Lord.  I have so much.  I am blessed beyond words and beyond measure.  Thank you, oh God, for my messy house and all the ways it reminds me of your goodness and your grace toward us tonight.

In Jesus Name,
Amen   

1 comment:

  1. We are still in limbo about where we are going to end up this fall and it is been sooo hard! But tonight as I looked around my house, I thought of this post (which I had read earlier tonight and hadn't gotten a chance to comment on). God has provided in so many amazing ways for us and right now today we have a wonderful place to live with many material goods in a great neighborhood. I don't know where we will end up, but He has it all planned out! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete